Social Media Services
Social Media can help your organisation in two ways: to enhance collaboration and to engage with partners and customers. If you're scratching your head, here's a definition.
Social Media is the democratization of information, transforming people from content readers into content publishers. It is the shift from a broadcast mechanism to a many-to-many model, rooted in conversations between authors, people, and peers. - Wikipedia
One of the practical ways that organisations are using social media is to connect people and groups in the same value chain who don't often interact - the product development team and the customer support team for example. They do this by empowering individuals to share relevant media (eg- reviews, photo albums and product demo videos). Social media campaigns combine the viral transmission of messages with the story-telling power of digital media.
There is a vigorous debate about whether companies which don't have an open culture should engage in social media campaigns. We believe that it's better for companies which tend to be conservative with information - pharmaceutical companies for example - to experiment first with internal uses of social media before presenting this kind of openness to customers and partners. But it may take only 6-18 months for the marcomm team to become comfortable with the potential of social media.
Here's a list of the social media services we provide (often in conjunction with specialist subcontractors). These can be effectively utilised for both internal and external audiences.
- Consultancy - to help you strategise a social media campaign
- Crowdsourcing - organising meetups with bloggers and other opinion influencers
- Production - engaging your community via an online multimedia event
- Tracking - informal monitoring or 24x7 brand influence and sentiment analysis
As a specialist in multimedia technology with more than a decade of experience in Internet video, we have lots of experience in the marketing and PR uses of digital media. Our social media services can help you achieve concrete objectives within agreed timeframes and budgets. In fact, the budget is often much less than you would pay to achieve the same objectives with traditional marketing or PR.
Here are some practical examples of social media projects we can undertake.
- Create a series of engagement experiences for your regional conference, including live photography, live blogging, live calendaring and guest appearances using HD video.
- Organise an all-day event where thought leaders in different locations present ideas via live webcast, interwoven with participant brainstorming using instant messaging and forums.
- Coordinate a product launch for opinion influencers, followed by product placement with tech bloggers, and online offers to encourage a word-of-mouth marketing campaign.
- Produce short-notice webcasts and teleconferences in response to a crisis, to enable your executives to communicate directly with opinion influencers in affected communities.
- Organise a lunch event which brings opinion influencers into your offices, while extending the impact with multimedia coverage published online in realtime.
- Create a wiki that is auto-launched from a thumbdrive, fill it with reviews, product samples and video clips, and distribute it at a trade convention.
For more ideas appropriate to your own organisation's social media campaign, please contact us for a free consultation.